Call (757) 430-0358 to schedule an appointment or schedule online now:
📅 Gas Safety Inspection Service Request


Gas Safety is No Joke!

We love our gas furnaces, gas water heaters, gas stoves, gas dryers, gas fireplaces and gas boilers because they are so efficient, but if not properly maintained, carbon monoxide poisoning can occur due to leaks or improper venting.

Carbon monoxide is odorless, tasteless and colorless and can create symptoms similar to the flu from exposure. Symptoms from over-exposure are: nausea, headache, dizziness, weakness, vomiting, chest pain and confusion. Due to the added compound, sulfur natural gas smells like rotten eggs, however it can still be difficult to detect a leak. If you suspect a leak or your carbon-monoxide detector alarms, exit your dwelling; and call 9-1-1 to have our local fire department secure your property. Then call Kellam Kellam at 757-430-0358 to perform repairs.

Pets, infants, unborn babies, the elderly and people with chronic heart disease, anemia or respiratory issues are at a much higher risk. Carbon monoxide poisoning is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in America, according to the Journal of the American Medical Association. Annually, over 20,000 people visit the emergency room; over 4,000 are hospitalized; and an average of 400 people die from carbon-monoxide poisoning, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.

DON’T BE A STATISTIC!

Two things you can do today to provide you and your family a worry free and safe environment.

Install a Carbon Monoxide Monitor from Kellam Mechanical
Schedule a gas safety inspection ($69)