Repairing, maintaining and replacing your comfort system requires choosing the right contractor to achieve your personal comfort. When scheduling a free quote for a system replacement, it is best to set aside about 2 hours to allow for the comfort consultant to collect the necessary data you will need to receive a thorough proposal. Our comfort consultant, Rusty Bailey has over 30 plus years in the industry and will discuss your comfort needs and expectations. He will also perform a load calculation to measure indoor space, airflow, windows/doors, roofing and to help determine the correct equipment sizing and duct-work capacity. Laying out a job requires precise measurements to ensure equipment dimensions fit in your access spaces. Every home is different which makes every quote custom to your home. Many think it is a simple process to give a price for a new system, however, there are many layers involved in providing that quote. Equipment and technology changes and improves annually, so existing equipment is likely outdated and not compatible with new product lines. Incorrect equipment capacity sizing can lead to comfort issues such as humidity problems, inefficient operation, higher utility bills, excess condensation and possibly over working a system which leads to higher failure rates and shortened equipment life. Allowing time for your quote to be prepared accurately will help you get a return on your investment.
Call today to schedule your free quote at 757-430-0358. Manufacturers periodically promote their products with rebates and financing programs, so be sure to ask us about any active programs to help reduce your investment or increase your budget. Check out our Savings page for current or upcoming promotions and discounts.
We install and service a wide range of comfort products:
🔧 Air Handlers 🔧 Heat Pumps 🔧 Geothermal Systems 🔧 Air conditioners 🔧 Gas Furnaces 🔧 Boilers 🔧 Programmable Thermostats 🔧 Humidifiers 🔧 Zoning Systems 🔧 Ductless Mini-Splits 🔧 Water Heaters 🔧 Ductwork 🔧 Air Cleaning Systems 🔧 IAQ 🔧 Air Diagnostics 🔧 HVAC Safety Inspections 🔧 Generators
…and the following system enhancements products:
Flood Safe® Water Heater Shutoff
- Electric or gas applications
- Moisture sensing pad
- Automatic shut off valve
- Incoming power and water supply will be safely shut off in the event of a leak, preventing property damage and potential expensive repairs
Nexia Wi-Fi Thermostats
- Internet enabled through WiFi for easy monitoring from anywhere
- Smartly factors in weather, size of home, number of occupants and type of HVAC system to maximize energy efficiency
- Automatic alerts notify you and/or your HVAC contractor for equipment maintenance and system failures
- Monitors your homes HVAC system over time and adapts accordingly
- Saves money and reduces your environmental impact
- Average savings of 24% on heating and 21% on cooling energy costs
- 7 Day programming touch-screen.
- Interaction for effortless menu-driven programming.
- A real-time clock, and large easy-to-read backlit display.
- Effortless to use.
- Its intuitive logic and menu-driven programming respond to your choices and schedule for optimal comfort
- Up to 33% in energy savings
Energy Recovery Ventilators
- Introduce fresh air in exchange for the stale air in your home.
- Recovers up to 80% of the heating/cooling energy from the air leaving your home.
- Home remains on a controlled positive pressure to reduce unwanted infiltration.
- Reduce Carbon Monoxide and Carbon Dioxide levels.
- Reduces odors from smoke, food preperation, VOC’s and more.
- Overcomes effects of tightly constructed houses.
UV Treatments/Cleaning Systems
- Ultraviolet (UV) Systems kill mold and bacteria that grow in the moist environment of your indoor coil.
- Reduces circulation of live organism’s thru the air stream.
- Improve system air flow
- Improves efficiency
- Enhances indoor air quality by reducing allergens
- Coils remain cleaner
- Whole home humidification automatically
- Cycles by monitoring the dryness in the home
- Reduce water waste up to 50%
- Fan forced for increased capacity. Maintenance 1 time/year
- Humidified air feels warmer allowing energy cost to be reduced.
- Reduce dry skin, chapped lips, dry nasal passages and static electricity.
- Increases life of wood furnishings, upholstery, artwork, musical instruments & flooring.
- Temperature control comfort where you want it, when you want it.
- Separate areas of your home w/o expensive replacement of your system and ducts.
- Increases comfort, efficiency, convenience & conservation
- End uncomfortable rooms
- Save energy, only heat/cool rooms as needed
- Perfect for most 2 story homes with 1 system
HEPA Filters/Filtration Electronic Air Cleaners
- Places an electric charge to collect up to 99%
- of airborne particles like a magnet.
- 3 stages of filtering
- Simple cleaning of cells in the dishwasher
- 30 times more effective than 1″ filters
- Maintenance a must
- Collects microscopic air particles, smoke, pet dander and mold spores.
- No replacement filter expense
- No air flow restrictions
- Keep your family healthy and comfortable
- Reduce Allergy and Asthma suffering
- Removes excess moisture from problem areas
- Removes up to 90 pints of moisture/day
- Controlled by monitoring the humidity
- Automatically drains water to the exterior
- Increases effectiveness of AC systems
- Maintenance 1x per year
- Your home feels cooler in summer with less humidity.
- Reduces mold and mildew, musty odors, damp feeling furniture, warped wooden surfaces and condensation on windows.
- Decreases cooling bills
- Protects metal parts by acting as a sacrificial anodes
- Dramatically slows the corrosive effects of even hostile salt air conditions
- Corroded coils do not transfer heat efficiently
- Increases life of system
- Increases efficiency of system (lower bills)
- Install one at indoor and outdoor unit for best results
Equipment Surge Protectors
- These units are designed to dissipate the damaging effects of momentary voltage spikes or other transient power surges including impulses from lightning.
- Designed specially for HVAC systems
- Protect some of the most expensive operating equipment in your home.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty against manufacturing defects.
Duct Smoke Detectors
- Flashing LED indicates normal operation.
- Over 15 remote accessories available. Reset switch is also an alarm test switch. Other models require a magnet or cover removal to test unit.
- These units are designed to prevent re-circulation and spread of dangerous smoke by shutting down air handling systems, fans and blowers when smoke is detected
- See thru trap
- Water detecting overflow switch
- Cleaning brush
- Attached to coil drainage system
- Visually detect blockage in trap (no guessing)
- Prevents attic and area flooding due to clogged traps
- Cuts off A/C system when blockage detected
Ultravation UV Photomax
- Field adjustable to match the needs of homes up to 6,000 square feet
- 2 Year life expeptancy of UV bulb
- Add on coil UV compatible
- Air cleaning occurs within the living space and is able to treat a larger volume of space.
- Breaks down VOC complex hydrocarbon chains into simple harmless elements
- Decrease the ability for mold, bacteria and viruses to reproduce, becoming less viable.
- Eliminates odors by breaking down their composition.
Low Level CO Monitor
- Detects low level CO before harmful levels are reached.
- Alarms at 7ppm
- Easy to read digital display
- Battery operated
- Alerts your family to the presence of deadly carbon monoxide.
- Carbon monoxide is an invisible, odorless, tasteless, nonirritating, poisonous gas that is completely undetectable in your senses.
- Early detection, allows for early response.
Refrigerant Locking Caps
- Requirement of 2009 Mechanical code
- Tamper resistant cap to make virtually impossible for a thief to access the refrigerant
- Eliminate theft & vandalism of refrigerant
- Stop serious injury or death from inhaling
- Put safety first
Media Air Cleaners
- Deep pleated filters to capture more airborne particles.
- Up to 40 times more effective than 1″ filters
- Adapts to most heating & cooling systems
- Captures microscopic particles and smoke
- Captures mold spores and pet dander
- Last for 6 months w/o changing filters
- Less restrictive of air flow
- Consider your families health benefits
- Great for Allergy and Asthma relief
Crawl Space Doors
- Durable ABS plastic design
- Tight fitting and sealed
- Many aplications
- Many sizes
- Rust and Rot Resistant
- Eliminate rodents entering crawl space
- Can be fitted with Louvers and fans
ATOMX Controlled Ventilation Systems
- Fan activating sensors detect temperatures and humidity levels to control ventilation
- Optional alert system for excessive levels of wood moisture, water, carbon monoxide or smoke
- Moisture-control in your crawl space
- Eliminating wood rot, mold growth and musty odors for healthier air
- Highly efficient only using as much energy as two average light bulbs
Nexia Smart Home Automation
- Remote control door/window locks, garage door, blinds, security surveillance, thermostat, lights, smoke detector
- Use smart devices (phone, watch, tablets, etc. (apple and droid)
- Customizable door key pad codes
- Z Wave technology
- Safety monitoring for your family, home and valuables inside and outside
- Save energy turning down thermostat or lights off
- Control of your home on the go
- Works on well or city water
- Simple cold water hook up to your washing machine
- Blue light indicates in operation and if attention is required
- Never buy laundry detergent, bleach or washing machine cleansers again
- Utility Savings â€“no hot water use
- Whites whiter and brighter colors, last longer
- Maintenance free
- Green product; lessens landfills
- Made in the USA
Whole Home Surge Protector
- Handles surges thru panel to home
- Installs on electrical panel
- 10 year product warranty
- $25,000 connected equipment coverage for 5 years
- Protects your home and appliances
- Safety and peace of mind
We install, repair and replace all manufacturers including…
Don’t see your manufacturer listed here? Don’t worry, we repair all makes and models!
Here’s an article written by Virginia Beach local Peter Cousin, Editor of Village News Magazine on his personal experience with his home’s heating and cooling system by Kellam Mechanical.
This is the chlorine based liquid gas used in air conditioners and heat pumps typically installed in residential properties prior to 2010. Without it your system will not comfort you. The EPA required R-22 systems to be phased out in 2010 and R-410 to be introduced which is more environmentally friendly than R-22.
Why is the price of R-22 refrigerant skyrocketing?
According to ACCA (Air Conditioning Contractors of America) the price of R-22 refrigerant has risen as much as 400% since early 2012 and we are not sure the price increase has hit the ceiling yet. The Environmental Protection Agency controls the production and import of R-22. They set limits on how much can be produced and imported each year, but failed to set limits for 2012. Until the EPA set these limits, manufacturers must produce 45% less R-22 than they did last year. This creates uncertainty in the marketplace and the manufacturers have increased their prices. The earliest the EPA will announce its decision is summer 2012 and nobody knows what the final 2012 limits will be.
As a professional contractor, our goal is to provide you with the best possible products, service and value so considering the unfortunate price increase with R-22 we feel it is important to inform you of the situation. We hope that Washington resolves this issue soon.
If you have a system that requires R-22 and it is aging or experiencing increasing refrigerant leaks or other failures, consider investing your money in a new, higher efficient system that handles R-410 which is more cost effective than experiencing expensive R-22 leak repairs. System replacement quotes are free and installations are performed by Kellam Mechanical technicians who are NATE and EPA refrigerant certified.
2015 14 SEER REQUIREMENTS
The U.S. Department of Energy is mandating that new installations and replacements of air conditioners and heat pumps are required to be 14 SEER or higher. This applies to southern states and Virginia is listed in this requirement. This will meet Energy Star standards. Call Kellam Mechanical to get your high efficient system quote and start saving energy and money.