We spend a majority of our lives indoors so creating a healthy environment brings easier and happier living. Optimizing your Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) can help eliminate exposure to germs, particles, bacteria, dryness, moisture, mold, contaminants and other pollutants that cause illnesses such as asthma or allergies if your home is not well ventilated.
With the extensive measures taken today to seal our homes to increase energy efficiency, we need to consider eliminating those unwanted particles and germs that can get trapped inside. To ensure your air is healthy for your family, get a professional consult from one of our technicians. We can evaluate your home and offer the right accessory to increase your comfort level.
Kellam Mechanical is qualified to evaluate your homes Indoor Air Quality. The services that we offer can improve your living environment in several ways including improved health, better sleep, more energy, and less time spent on house cleaning.
Gas Safety is No Joke!
We love our gas furnaces, gas water heaters, gas stoves, gas dryers, gas fireplaces and gas boilers because they are so efficient, but if not properly maintained, carbon monoxide poisoning can occur due to leaks or improper venting.
Carbon monoxide is odorless, tasteless and colorless and can create symptoms similar to the flu from exposure. Symptoms from over-exposure are: nausea, headache, dizziness, weakness, vomiting, chest pain and confusion. Due to the added compound, sulfur natural gas smells like rotten eggs, however it can still be difficult to detect a leak. If you suspect a leak or your carbon-monoxide detector alarms, exit your dwelling; and call 9-1-1 to have our local fire department secure your property. Then call Kellam Kellam at 757-430-0358 to perform repairs.
Pets, infants, unborn babies, the elderly and people with chronic heart disease, anemia or respiratory issues are at a much higher risk. Carbon monoxide poisoning is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in America, according to the Journal of the American Medical Association. Annually, over 20,000 people visit the emergency room; over 4,000 are hospitalized; and an average of 400 people die from carbon-monoxide poisoning, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
DON’T BE A STATISTIC!
Two things you can do today to provide you and your family a worry free and safe environment.
Humidity is a part of life in Hampton Roads all year long. Keeping the proper levels of humidity inside your home help control the following:
- Warmer air for maximum comfort
- Dryness of skin, nose and throat
- Preservation of wood, paint, furniture and caulking
- Growth of mold, fungi and mildew
- Musty odors and clammy-like air
- Sinus irritations and allergic reactions